Remedial Works Operative – DrainageWorcester • £10.50 – £12.50 per hour DOE • Permanent • Full time
Arden Personnel are currently recruiting for a Remedial Works Operative in the Worcestershire/Birmingham area. As a Remedial Operative you would be working as part of a team carrying out remedial works to drainage, high pressure water jetting, mixing chemicals and more to provide full support to the team and business. Your role would be to offer a professional and effective service with focus on quality and accuracy.
Day to Day DutiesYour duties would include:
- To assist the Team Leader in carrying out all aspects of remedial work activity and associated site surveys whilst promoting an identity of excellent client service and maximising profitability.
Carry out remedial works and other associated surveys:
- Have a good understanding of defect classification and practicality of choosing the appropriate repair method
- Have a good knowledge of repair methods including open cut excavation and CIPP lining repairs
- Carry out remedial work under the direction of the Team Leader and be accountable for the following:
- Assisting in all aspects of remedial work including CCTV/HPWJ/CIPP Lining and excavation work as directed by the Team Leader
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and used carefully and correctly to minimise damage
- During the works to monitor all equipment as directed by Team Leader
- Undertake other duties as directed by the Manager
- To assist in other departments but not limited to CCTV/Flow/Portadam as an when required to meet with departmental work peaks and troughs
Health and Safety:
- Ensure you understand safety instructions, method statements, risk assessments, safe working procedures, permits to work and any other form of safety advice relating to work or a particular job.
- Carry out dynamic risk assessments prior to work commencing and update when site conditions dictate
- Ensure all safety instructions, method statements, risk assessments etc, are followed
- Oversee implementation of Chapter 8, (Roadworks) / access to confined spaces / public safety
- You must report immediately any unforeseen safety risk or hazard, taking reasonable steps to deal with the hazard where appropriate, otherwise agreeing a course of action with your Team Leader
- PPE is to be worn at all times
- Check for safe operation and maintenance of all equipment before use
- Liaise with the general public in a polite and professional manner
- Liaise with Team Leader/supervisor / head office
- Work co-operatively with Client, Team Leader/supervisors and other team members
- Complete allocated work on time to quality standard
- Make best use of resources to optimise performance
Maintain Vehicle and Equipment:
- Ensure daily vehicle checks are carried out and vehicle checklist completed and any defects reported.
- Carry out continuous checks of equipment and effect repairs as required.
- Keep the vehicle clean and tidy
The Successful Applicant:You will have the following:
- Previous experience in a maintenance/drainage/remedial role
- Previous experience in pipe lining• Confined Space Certification • You will ideally hold CSCS Card• You will have a flexible approach and support other team members – this role also involves occasions of working away (expenses and digs paid for) so you will need to have flexibility to working
What’s on Offer?As a Remedial Works Operative you will receive;
- Salary £10.50 – £12.50 per hour• Monday-Friday• Company Van with travel paid door to door• 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays• Ongoing progression opportunities
Apply for this roleTo apply for this Remedial Works Operative role please click apply today.