Position Filled — Register for Similar Positions
Redditch • Permanent • Full-time • £35-40,000 DOE
Project Accountant Day to day duties are as follows:
- Support the Business Unit Finance Manager to ensure adequate financial controls are in place and adhered to, creating an environment of timely accurate reporting.
- Provide financial support to the business unit’s leaders giving meaningful, value-adding analysis on issues impacting the business both current and future.
- Support the Finance Manager to review and present the businesses monthly results to the divisional management team including reporting packs to meet month-end requirements.
- Support and validate monthly forecasts and annual businesses plans to support the ‘no surprises culture’.
- Focus on engaging with the business to optimise working capital management.
- Assist Finance Manager in pricing and scenario planning to ensure bids are properly priced.
- Implement and fully embed monthly project reviews.
- Engage and oversee the offshore and onshore teams (where appropriate) to develop the finance team driving improvements and efficiencies.
The Successful Project Accountant must have the following skills/experience
- Must have revenue reconciliation experience
- AAT/CIMA Part Qualified
- Project Accounting experience
- Great understanding of Revenue Recognition policies
- Experience supporting the review and management of a project portfolio across multiple stakeholders
- Enthusiasm to drive operational excellence and embedding process change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service and quality focus
- Good ability to work well and methodically in a demanding environment
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the business and staff.
- Ready to take on more responsibilities as job develops.
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to influence the decision-making process through a clear presentation of financials
- SAP/Axiom Experience
What’s on offer for the successful Project Accountant
- A salary up to £40,000 per annum DOE
- 7.5 hour week
- 23 days holiday + BH
The company also offer a company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & well being and leisure discounts.You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
Apply for this role:
To apply for our Project Accountant role please go to our Arden Personnel website www.ardenpersonnel.co.uk. Job reference NM-1762