Position Filled — Register for Similar Positions
Bromsgrove • Permanent • Full time – 8-5 Monday to Friday • £25-35k
Arden Personnel are recruiting for a Mechanical Designer for a small to medium established company in Bromsgrove. You will be working alongside 3 senior designers who will provide support and mentoring. The successful candidate will be a mechanical design engineer moving from Junior to Intermediate level, with more experienced engineers also being considered. Suitable for those looking for the next step in their career. The candidate will be based in the Bromsgrove office but a large percentage of our work is based in London, therefore the candidate will be required to travel as and when is necessary.
Day to day duties are as follows:
- Carrying out CAD design works on various heating and cooling systems, mainly pipework and ductwork
- Attending site meetings largely in London on a weekly basis, including measurements and walk arounds through pre start meetings.
- Revising designs which architects and clients have designed as well as designing from scratch.
- Produce Technical Submissions and Contractors Design Proposals
- Taking tender information and produce full design and CDP
- Helping in the production of the Operation & Maintenance Manuals
- Carrying out site surveys to aid in the design and co-ordination process
- Communicating to a range of people from clients to site operatives, in a professional and calm manner
- Producing drawing mark ups for CAD engineers to draw up
The Successful Mechanical Designer must have the following skills/experience
- Ideally qualified to a minimum of HND or equivalent in Mechanical Building Services
- Experience with CAD software
- Pro-active approach to resolving design issues through the design process
- Confident in facing clients and attending design meetings as and when required
- Manage multiple projects and large workload
- Previous experience in use of AutoCAD is preferred
- Experience in use of all Microsoft Software packages
What’s on offer for the successful Mechanical Designer
- Full time – 8-5 Monday to Friday
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum
- Excellent prospects
- Annual leave – 21 days plus BH
- Free parking
- All expenses paid for travel etc.
Apply for this role:
To apply for our Mechanical Designer role please click the apply button. Job reference NM-1733. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.