Supply Chain Co-ordinator
• Leicester • up to £24,000 per annum • Permanent – Full time
Job Description: Arden Personnel are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Co-ordinator for a Company in Leicester.
- Arranging subcontractors for specific works where additional resource required
- Agreeing subcontractor timescales and delivery arrangements
- Advise planning / production when parts are needed for externals
- Chase planning / production for expected parts
- Ensuring subcontractor feedback to and from the company is proactively managed at all times, particularly where delays, quality issues or production problems identified by either the subcontractor or company
- Updating supplier forecast daily (incoming & outgoing) – all open orders to have confirmed supplier return dates and any other information recorded
- Supplier expediting & advising future requirements – regular liaison with suppliers to ensure on time delivery is met
- Updating MRP system
- Arranging logistics and transportation – to minimise cost & time.
- Assessing subcontract hours / time / spend, and review with accounts as required.
- Maintaining subcontractor performance metrics
- Managing returns and rejections from suppliers, working alongside Engineering and Quality Management
- Dealing with tooling suppliers and monitoring regular tooling
- Purchasing of right tools (with consideration to cost, availability, management approvals etc.)
- Understanding the company planning system
- Ensuring efficient work flow around the shopfloor
- Overseeing packaging and despatch stock levels
- Overseeing external storage
- Providing cover for Despatch department, including substitution of work for absence, holidays etc
- Production administration tasks according to the business needs
The Successful ApplicantTo be considered for this Supply Chain Co-ordinator role you will need to be;
- Previous experience in supply chain role essential, within a similar industry
- Previous experience in an engineering environment is advantageous
- A proactive, hands on approach to managing own workload and supporting the Production team.
- Decision making / negotiation skills
- Good standard of written and spoken communication skills
- Good PC skills including good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook, knowledge of MRP
- Health and safety knowledge awareness
What’s on Offer?As a Supply Chain Co-ordinator you will receive;
- Up to £24,000 per annum DOE
- Full time hours
- 37.5 per week (8.15am to 16.45pm Monday-Thursday and 8am to 2pm Friday)
- 25 days annual leave/bank holidays as usual
Apply for this roleTo apply for this Customer Service Negotiator role please go to our Arden Personnel website www.ardenpersonnel.co.uk. Job reference NM-1611.