Position Filled — Register for Similar Positions
Equine Veterinary Technician
• Henley-in-Arden • Permanent • Full time • £20-22,000 DOE
An exciting new opportunity to join this fantastic growing company
Arden Personnel are currently recruiting for an Equine Veterinary Technician to join a growing business based in Henley-In-Arden.
You will report to the Directors of the Company and be responsible for;
• Assisting the Veterinarians with the horses within their care during clinical procedures, vaccinations, lameness workups, and theatre duties.
• Assisting with radiography procedure, ensuring all safety procedures are adhered to.
• Maintaining clinical records, keeping them up to date.
• Performing laboratory duties such as Faecal Egg Counts, Haematology, and Biochemistry.
• Ensuring all samples are stored at the correct temperature and posted correctly.
• Maintaining stock levels on a weekly basis and ensuring an efficient stock rotation is in operation.
• Ensuring that all controlled drugs are stored in a secure lockable and immovable receptacle, and monitor the dispensary and fridge temperatures on a daily basis.
• Carrying out general cleaning duties throughout the dispensary and clinical areas.
• Carrying out telephone and general Reception duties as required, including assisting the Veterinary surgeons with diary management and visits.
The Successful Applicant:
To be considered for our Equine Veterinary Technician you will need to have;
• It is essential you have confidence and experience in handling all horses.
• Knowledge of medications/ pharmaceuticals terminology would be useful.
• Have great organisational skills.
• Good IT skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Flexible and supportive.
• You must be a driver due to the offices based in a rural location.
• You will be required to undertake relevant induction training on commencement.
What’s on Offer?
As an Equine Veterinary Technician you will receive;
• A salary of £20-22,000 per annum
• Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
• Alternate on-call evenings required Monday – Friday to work with the vets
• 1:4 rota whereby you would be required to work on a Saturday and Sundays
• Free parking
• Discounted vet treatment
• The opportunity to join a growing business with good progression opportunities
Apply for this role:
To apply for our Equine Veterinary Technician role please click the apply button. Job reference LF-1779. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.