Position Filled — Register for Similar Positions
Redditch • Permanent • Full time • up to £22,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an FTSE 100 company. This is an opportunity for someone who is currently studying and wants to take there next step into management accounting. They provide an excellent benefits program and the opportunity for you to grow into a finance role
Accounts Assistant Day to day duties are as follows:
- Support the Business Unit Finance Manager to ensure adequate financial controls are in place and adhered to, creating an environment of timely accurate reporting.
- Provide financial support to the business unit’s leaders giving meaningful, value-adding analysis on issues impacting the business both current and future.
- Support the Finance Manager to review and present the businesses monthly results to the divisional management team including reporting packs to meet month end requirements.
- Support and validate monthly forecasts and annual businesses plans to support the ‘no surprises culture’.
- Focus on engaging with the business to optimise working capital management.
- Assist Finance Manager in pricing and scenario planning to ensure bids are properly priced.
- Implement and fully embed monthly project reviews.
- Engage and oversee the offshore and onshore teams (where appropriate) to develop the finance team driving improvements and efficiencies.
The Successful Accounts Assistant must have the following skills/experience
- AAT/CIMA Part Qualified
- Project Accounting experience
- Great understanding of Revenue Recognition policies
- Experience supporting the review and management of a project portfolio across multiple stakeholders
- Enthusiasm to drive operational excellence and embedding process change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service and quality focus
- Good ability to work well and methodically in a demanding environment
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the business and staff.
- Ready to take on more responsibilities as job develops.
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to influence the decision-making process through a clear presentation of financials
- SAP/Axiom Experience
What’s on offer for the successful Accounts Assistant
- A salary Of £21-22,000
The company also offer a company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts. You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you
Apply for this role:
To apply for our Accounts Assistant role please go to our Arden Personnel website www.ardenpersonnel.co.uk. Job reference LF-1732
For other vacancies please visit Arden Personnel at www.ardenpersonnel.co.uk and on all social media applications. Arden Personnel are committed to finding you your next position, we will help you find your perfect opportunity. We aim to contact successful applicants within 24 hours, if you do not hear from us within 48 hours if may mean that your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may have other opportunities that would suit you.
We recruit in the following sectors: Commercial – Administration, Accountancy & Finance, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service, HR and IT Building Services – Operational Management, Engineering/Facilities Management & Electrical, Supervisory, Contract & Project Management, Business Development, Senior Level Manufacturing – Technical, Engineering and Manufacturing
The areas Arden Personnel recruit in are: Alcester, Redditch, Studley, Bidford-on-Avon, Stratford-upon-Avon, Evesham, Broadway, Pershore, Moreton-in-Marsh, Bromsgrove, Chipping Camden, Warwick, Leamington Spa and Henley-in-Arden.